Senior Commander Reiterates Islamic Iran Army’s Capability to Repel Threats against Iran
A senior Iranian commander on Sunday stressed Army’s preparedness to defend the country against any kind of threat, but meantime said that the Islamic Republic Army plans to boost mobility of its forces in the current Iranian year (started on March 21).
“Any threat that is posed to Iran will be nipped in the bud,” Commander of the Iranian Army Ground Force Brigadier General Ahmad Reza Pourdastan said on the sidelines of a ceremony to commemorate martyrdom anniversary of Iran’s renowned four-star General Ali Sayyad Shirazi, a senior Army commander who was assassinated in Tehran in 1999.
He further said that the Army Ground Force plans to implement some structural reforms and prepared the ground for such these reforms last year.
Pourdastan stressed that revisions and reforms will boost the Iranian ground forces’ mobility and agility.
In relevant remarks last month, a senior advisor to the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution dismissed enemies’ threats and intensified war rhetoric against Iran, underlining that the country’s Armed Forces are fully prepared to repel any kind of enemy attack.
Speaking to FNA about enemies’ growing intelligence and military threats against the country, Supreme Leader’s Advisor for Military Affairs General Seyed Reza Pardis said, “No enemy, even if it is more powerful than the US and Britain, can trouble the trend of the (Islamic) Revolution’s progress.”
“Given the Iranian Armed Forces’ capabilities and possibilities, the enemy, even a powerful one, is not able to withstand the power of Islam and our combatants,” Pardis added.
Iran has warned that in case of an attack by either the US or Israel, it will target 32 American bases in the Middle East and close the strategic Strait of Hormuz.
The Strait of Hormuz, the entrance to the strategic Persian Gulf waterway, is a major oil shipping route. A major part of world’s energy supply passes through the waterway.