Islamic Invitation Turkey
       25 October 2016 - Tuesday - 23 Mu?arram 1438 | 25/10/2016 (46) 24/10/2016 (54) 23/10/2016 (50) 22/10/2016 (49) 21/10/2016 (49) Total: 115,876 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Iran’s Top Security Official Warns Saudis to Wait for Major Loss in Yemen War

18 April 2015 11:02


Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Ali Shamkhani described the Saudi-led aggression against Yemen as a “historical mistake”, and warned of its dire consequences for Riyadh.
“The Saudi aggression against Yemen is against the UN Charter, against the principles of peaceful coexistence and against the legal tenets ruling the UN and aims to deviate the path of the Muslim world and wear off the internal power and capacities of the world of Islam,” Shamkhani told reporters in Tehran on Friday.

“Unfortunately, Saudi Arabia has made a big historical mistake and this heresy will definitely have no end but loss and damage for them,” he added.

In relevant remarks on Sunday, Iranian Ground Force Commander Brigadier General Ahmad Reza Pourdastan also warned that the Saudi army would sustain a crushing defeat in its invasion of Yemen, warning of the devastating consequences of the current war for Riyadh.

“The aggressors that attacked Yemen today will certainly fail,” Pourdastan told reporters in a press conference in Tehran.

Denouncing Riyadh’s airstrikes on Yemen, he advised the Saudi army to stop its military aggression before experiencing “a heavy defeat”.

“The Saudi army is a hired army (of mercenaries) and now that no bullet has yet been fired at it, we see the symptoms of defeat in them already, let alone the day when a few firecrackers blast in Riyadh,” Pourdastan said sarcastically.

Also earlier this month, Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei warned the Saudi rulers of the dire consequences of continued war against the Muslim people of Yemen.

“The Saudis will definitely be struck back in this issue and their nose will be rubbed against the ground (they will be defeated),” Ayatollah Khamenei said, addressing a large number of Iranians in Tehran.

“This action (of the Saudis) is not acceptable in the region and I warn that they will certainly lose interests,” he added.

Ayatollah Khamenei said that the Saudis used to show more self-restraint and sobriety in their foreign policy, but now the affairs in the Arab country are controlled by a number of inexperienced young people who want to show savagery instead of patience and self-restraint, warning that the present trend of policy in Riyadh would certainly harm the Saudi officials.

Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 24 days now to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed over 2,600 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children. The attacks have also left thousands of people injured.

Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.

Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.

Five Persian Gulf States — Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Qatar and Kuwait — and Egypt that are also assisted by Israel and backed by the US declared war on Yemen in a joint statement issued on March 26.

Iran’s Top Security Official Warns Saudis to Wait for Major Loss in Yemen War Tags

Scroll Up