Yemeni Hezbollah Ansarullah Fighters Recaptures Pro-Hadi Militants’ Base in Taiz
Yemeni Ansarullah Revolutionaries on Wednesday regained control of an army base that had been seized by loyalists to fugitive president Mansour Hadi.
Ansarullah fighters clashed with pro-Hadi militants, and managed to regain control of Brigade 35 Base that had earlier come under the Saudi-backed militants’ control.
On Tuesday, zionist Saudi Arabia regime had to declare that it would stop bombing Yemen’s cities on Tuesday night after 27 days of airstrikes on Yemeni cities that have resulted in the death of around 2,900 people, mostly women and children.
The senior Saudi officials said they would stop their attacks, stating that they have obtained their goals, including elimination of threats through a destruction of Yemen’s ballistic missiles, a claim already rejected by senior Ansarullah leader Habib Zuhair al-Muslim.
In his interview with FNA earlier Tuesday, Muslim denied the claims made by Ahmed al-Assiri, the spokesman of Saudi-led coalition’s ‘Decisive Storm’ military operation, about the destruction of 80% of the arms and ammunition of the Ansarullah movement in the Saudi-led airstrikes.
Muslim told FNA that Ansarullah revolutionaries’ arms, armored vehicles and rockets are stored in secret and safe depots, and Saudi Arabia may not find their whereabouts.
Saudi Arabia launched its airstrikes on March 26 and kept them in place for 27 days in a move to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression claimed the lives of around 2,900 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children. The attacks have also left thousands of people injured.
Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.
Despite Riyadh’s claims that it was bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes were flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
Riyadh officials said the Saudi-led coalition operations in Yemen are now entering a political phase, but the latest reports from different Yemeni cities say that the Saudi airstrikes are still underway.
The Saudi warplanes hit the central prison in Taiz city on Wednesday, while reports from Sana’a and Saada report heavying bombings by the Saudi-led coalition.