Enemy of Islam Saudi regime airstrikes kill 2, injure 9 in Yemen
Fresh Saudi airstrikes have killed two people and injured nine others in the Yemeni city of Harad in the northwestern Hajjah province.
Yemeni media reports said early Saturday that the zionist Saudi regime warplanes targeted positions in Harad, leaving two people dead and nine wounded.
On Thursday, at least 20 people lost their lives in Saudi airstrikes on the southwestern Yemeni city of al-Dhale.
Saudi airborne assaults also left several people dead and injured in the al-Afyush region between the strategic cities of Aden and Lahij.
Meanwhile, Amnesty International called for an immediate investigation into the Saudi aggression against Yemen which has claimed the lives of hundreds of civilians so far.
“The month-long campaign of airstrikes carried out by Saudi Arabia… has transformed many parts of Yemen into a dangerous place for civilians,” said the deputy director of Amnesty International’s Middle East and North Africa Program, Said Boumedouha, on Friday.
He also expressed concern over “the mounting civilian toll” in the Saudi attacks, noting that most of the kingdom’s airborne assaults “appear to have failed to take necessary precautions to minimize harm to civilians and damage to civilian objects.”
In a broadcast late on Tuesday, Saudi government spokesman Brigadier General Ahmed al-Assiri announced the termination of the first phase of the Saudi war on Yemen.
However, he added that the Saudi naval blockade on Yemen would stay in place and the Saudi forces would continue targeting the Houthi Ansarullah movement’s fighters in Yemen.
Saudi Arabia started its military aggression against Yemen on March 26 – without a UN mandate – in a bid to restore power to the fugitive former president, Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, who is a close ally of Riyadh.
According to reports, nearly 1,000 people have been killed during the aggression.