G5+1 accepted complete removal of sanctions: Salehi
The P5+1 group has accepted to remove all Iran’s sanctions immediately after the comprehensive nuclear deal, Head of Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Ali-Akbar Salehi said.
Speaking in a televised program on Saturday night, he said that Iran and P5+1 have reached a consensus on the framework of agreement and they are now discussing the details.
Iran has a full-scale knowledge of the complete cycle of peaceful nuclear technology, Salehi added.
He said that Iran has a stockpile of 90 tons of heavy water and it is producing 20 tons per year which give the country, ability to become an exporter of enriched uranium.
All Iran nuclear facilities including Arak Heavy Water Reactor, Fordo and Natanz would continue their work, the official noted.
He said that Iran has never accepted to stop its research and development program and needs to build more enrichment facilities in order to provide its future needs.
Salehi said the Fordo facility was built in order to guarantee Iran’s enrichment process and it was not built for having enrichment at the industrial level.
He underlined that Iran aims to produce isotopes in Fordo and this has been accepted by P5+1, adding that Arak heavy water reactor will remain a research reactor.
Iran aims to build 1,000-megawatt reactors which are smaller than the ones previously announced, the official added.
He said that Iran needs 19,000-megawatt nuclear energy to diversify its energy sources for future needs, based on the pre-Revolution estimates.
Speaking about the controversial American version of fact sheet on nuclear negotiations, he said that the issue was discussed in the latest rounds of talks between Iran and P5+1 in Vienna.
Iranian negotiating team will not give up national interests and will consider the red lines in its talks with the world powers, Salehi added.
He noted that thje sanction issue as well as the legal affairs including the inspection-related issues were discussed in Vienna.
If Iran’s Parliament approve the additional protocol, Iran will allow the IAEA inspectors to visit non-nuclear sites under some conditions, head of AEOI said.
Iranian negotiating team headed by Foreign Minister Mohammd Javad Zarif left Tehran for New York early Sunday morning.
In New York, Zarif will attend the NPT Review Conference and on the sidelines of the conference will meet US Secretary of State John Kerry, EU Foreign Policy Chief Federico Mogherini and some counterparts of the Group 5+1.
Last week, nuclear negotiators headed by Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi discussed drafting the text of a comprehensive agreement in Vienna.
The discussions are to be followed in New York.