Islamic Invitation Turkey
       22 October 2016 - Saturday - 20 Mu?arram 1438 | 21/10/2016 (49) 20/10/2016 (36) 19/10/2016 (51) 18/10/2016 (38) 17/10/2016 (28) Total: 115,677 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Hezbollah: S. Arabia Unable to Make Yemen Surrender

26 April 2015 19:14


Hezbollah Deputy Secretary-General Sheikh Naim Qassem described the Saudi-led war against Yemen as a stigma on Riyadh’s face, and said the Saudi monarch will not be able to defeat the Yemeni nation.

“The developments in Yemen showed failure of the US, the Zionist regime and the plots of their hirelings in the region,” Qassem was quoted as saying by al-Ahd news website, addressing people in Taria town in Lebanon on Sunday.

“The entire world witnessed that Saudi Arabia has made an aggression against Yemen since it had lost its mercenaries there…the interventionist party (always) sustains the loss and damage,” he added.

“Saudi Arabia can cause more destruction in Yemen like what Israel did in Gaza but it cannot defeat the Yemeni nation’s will,” Qassem underlined.

He described the Saudi military aggression against Yemen as a stain on Riyadh’s face.

In relevant remarks on Friday night, Qassem warned Saudi Arabia of greater losses resulting from prolonged military strikes on Yemen.

“We are witnessing Saudi Arabia’s evident defeat and failure since Ansarullah movement and the Yemeni army and popular committees have taken control of most parts of the country and even Aden is controlled by them and at present, the Southern and Northern parts of Yemen are standing in one line of cooperation,” Qassem said.

Warning that the longer war in Yemen lasted, the more losses the Saudis would sustain, the Hezbollah deputy leader described political solution as the only possible way to resolve the Yemen crisis.

Qassem also said that the Saudi military strikes against Yemen resembled the Israeli attacks against Gaza.

Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 32 days now to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 3,005 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.

Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.

Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.

Last Tuesday the monarchy declared end to Yemen airstrikes after four weeks of bombings, but airstrikes are still underway.

Scroll Up