Source: Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar Behind Terrorist Attack on Jisr Al-Shaghour
A ranking Takfiri militant disclosed that Ankara, Riyadh and Doha masterminded and led the terrorists’ recent attack on a strategic region in Idlib countryside in Northwestern Syria, adding that the two have been preparing terrorists and equipment for the assault since one month ago.
“Turkey, backed by Saudi Arabia and Qatar, has sent over 5,000 foreign-backed terrorists to Syria through its borders to help the Al-Nusra Front terrorist group to attack Jisr al-Shaghour in Idlib,” a source close to Ahrar al-Sham Takfiri group said on Sunday.
The Syrian army and Takfiri terrorist groups, specially the Al-Nusra Front, have been engaged in heavy clashes in Idlib since two days ago.
The source said the Turkish intelligence agency, “MIT, assisted by counterparts from friendly European states” have been working on the plan since one month ago, adding that MIT and Turkish army officers are now leading the war from a command center in Southern Turkey in a bid to reverse the current trend and equation in Northern Syria, “where militants are losing ground every day”.
On Saturday, Syrian air force targeted a convoy of the foreign-backed terrorists traveling from Turkey to Idlib in Northwestern Syria.
The Syrian fighter jets struck the terrorists’ vehicles on Al-Qaniyeh-Al-Janoudiyeh road near the Turkish borders.
A large number of terrorists were killed and their vehicles were completely destroyed during the Syrian air raid.
Syria has been grappling with a deadly crisis since March 2011. The violence fuelled by Takfiri groups has so far claimed the lives of over 210,000 people, according to reports. New figures show that over 76,000 people, including thousands of children, lost their lives in Syria last year.
Over 3.8 million Syrians have left their country since the beginning of the crisis. According to reports, more than seven million Syrians have become internally displaced.