Mortar shells hit Terrorist israeli positions in occupied Golan
Terrorist israeli positions in the occupied Golan Heights have come under a mortar attack, reports say.
Citing military sources, Israeli media said that two mortars fired from Syria’s Quneitra Province landed in the Golan Heights on Tuesday.
There have been no reports on casualties or damage as a result of the mortar fire.
Local residents reported hearing the sounds of explosions, while air raid sirens went off across the occupied region.
A group calling itself “National Resistance” has reportedly claimed responsibility for the attack.
This came days after four people were killed in an Israeli air raid on the occupied Golan Heights, close to the border with Syria.
The victims of the Sunday night attack, which took place near the town of Majdal Shas, were yet to be identified.
According to the regime’s military, the victims were attempting to plant a bomb in the vicinity.
The latest attack came on the heels of reports saying that Israel launched attacks on Syrian army bases late on Friday.
Al-Arabiya said that Syria’s 155th and 65th strategic missile brigades, stationed in Qalamoun near the Syria-Lebanon border had been targeted.
Golan Heights has been under the Israeli occupation since the 1960s. The Tel Aviv regime captured 1,200 square kilometers (460 square miles) of the Golan Heights during the Six-Day War of 1967 and annexed the region in 1981.