Fresh zionist Saudi Attacks Target Sana’a, Kill Dozens
Saudi warplanes targeted residential areas in the Yemeni capital city of Sana’a on early Friday, leaving dozens of civilians dead and injured, a medical source said.
Yemen’s Health Ministry said on Friday that the Saudi fighter jets continued their strikes in the 37th day of their aggression against Yemen and hit Sawan district in Sana’a.
There has been no immediate report on the exact number of the casualties, but initial reports suggested that large groups of people have been killed and injured during the bombing raids.
Saudi Arabia launched its bombing campaign against Yemen on March 26 in an attempt to restore power to fugitive President Mansour Hadi, a staunch ally of Riyadh.
Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.
Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
According to FNA tallies, the Monarchy’s attacks have so far claimed the lives of at least 3,046 civilians, mostly women and children.
Meanwhile, according to a report by Yemen’s Freedom House Foundation, Saudi airstrikes have killed 3,512 Yemeni people, including 492 children and 209 women, since the beginning of the aggression until April 25.
The report added that 6,189 people were injured, including 978 children and 713 women, during the same period.
About 95,000 families have been displaced due to the Saudi-led airstrikes, according to the report.
The foundation further said 4,898 residential buildings have been either destroyed or damaged and some 857 civil service and public utility facilities have been destroyed.
On April 21, after four weeks of bombings, Riyadh declared end to military operations in Yemen, but Saudi warplanes are still bombing residential areas across the war-ravaged nation one week after.