Iran Calls for Regional States’ Vigilance against Enemies’ Plots in Mideast
Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian said the oil-rich region of the Middle East, including Yemen, has always been targeted by the divisive plots hatched by the hegemonic powers and Israel to weaken unity among Muslims to plunder their wealth.
Amir Abdollahian called on the regional governments, including the Saudis and their allies, to think about regional security and play a constructive role to strengthen it.
Stressing that security in Yemen is intertwined with that of the Middle East region and Iran, Amir Abdollahian warned that “we will not allow anybody play with our common security through adventurous measures.”
“Gone is the era of such adventurous measures,” he underscored.
Amir Abdollahian reaffirmed Iran’s call for a diplomatic solution to the Yemeni crisis, saying, “Tehran supports Yemeni-Yemeni dialog (to be held) in a venue agreed upon by all Yemeni groups, and rejects any foreign interference in this country.”
Saudi Arabia launched its bombing campaign against Yemen on March 26 in an attempt to restore power to fugitive President Mansour Hadi, a staunch ally of Riyadh.
Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.
Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
According to FNA tallies, the Monarchy’s attacks have so far claimed the lives of at least 3,108 civilians, mostly women and children.
Meanwhile, according to a report by Yemen’s Freedom House Foundation, Saudi airstrikes have killed 3,512 Yemeni people, including 492 children and 209 women, since the beginning of the aggression until April 25.
The report added that 6,189 people were injured, including 978 children and 713 women, during the same period.
About 95,000 families have been displaced due to the Saudi-led airstrikes, according to the report.
The foundation further said 4,898 residential buildings have been either destroyed or damaged and some 857 civil service and public utility facilities have been destroyed.
On April 21, the monarchy declared end to Yemen airstrikes after five weeks of bombings, but airstrikes are still underway.