Islamic Invitation Turkey
       24 October 2016 - Monday - 22 Mu?arram 1438 | 23/10/2016 (50) 22/10/2016 (49) 21/10/2016 (49) 20/10/2016 (36) 19/10/2016 (51) Total: 115,776 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Foolish Saudi attacks against Yemen doomed to failure: Supreme Leader’s Military Adviser

8 May 2015 8:33


Saudi Arabia’s “foolish” military aggression against Yemen is doomed to failure, says a senior Iranian official.

“Al Saud will not achieve its goals in the aggression against Yemen, and their aggressive and foolish move in the region will face utter failure,” said Major General Yahya Rahim Safavi, who serves as a top military adviser to Leader of the Islamic Ummah and Oppressed People Imam Sayyed Ali Khamenei, on Thursday.

He pointed to the incapability of the Saudi forces to engage in ground warfare against Yemen, saying, “If the Yemenis retaliate one day, nothing will remain of the rotten regime of Al Saud.”
Major General Safavi also said, “This regime (Saudi Arabia) is dependent on the United States and has not fired even a single bullet at the Zionist regime (Israel) to date.”

He further noted that Riyadh has expended “over USD 30 billion dollars on killing the Muslim and oppressed people of Yemen… in 40 days of military aggression.”

Saudi Arabia has been carrying out military attacks against Yemen since March 26 – without a UN mandate – in a bid to undermine the Houthi Ansarullah movement and to restore power to fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, who is a staunch ally of Riyadh.

The Al Saud regime has also been blocking the delivery of relief supplies to the people of Yemen in defiance of calls by international aid groups.

On Thursday, Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir announced plans for a five-day ceasefire in its brutal war on Yemen with the ostensible aim of facilitating humanitarian aid to people in the impoverished Arab state. The Saudi foreign minister announced the decision at a press conference with US Secretary of State John Kerry in Riyadh on Thursday.

The Saudi official, however, did not comment on the exact date of the start of the so-called “humanitarian pause.”

The Saudi military campaign has reportedly claimed the lives of over 1,200 people so far and injured thousands of others. Hundreds of women and children are among the victims, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

Foolish Saudi attacks against Yemen doomed to failure: Supreme Leader’s Military Adviser Tags

Scroll Up