Ansarullah: Saudi-Led Attacks Meant to Soothe israel’s Concerns
Head of Yemen’s High Revolutionary Council Mohammad Al-Houthi underlined that the Saudi regime’s attack on Yemen was meant to save Israel, and said that the Al Saud’s aggression took place at the order of Tel Aviv and Washington.
“Saudi Arabia attacked us because we had become a cause of concern for Israel and it was meant to soothe Israel’s concerns… ,” al-Houthi said on Thursday.
He reiterated that the Saudi-led aggression against Yemen is taking place upon the direct orders of the US and Israel.
Al-Houthi thanked Iran for sending humanitarian aids to Yemen, but meantime categorically rejected the Islamic Republic of Iran’s interference in the Arab country’s internal affairs.
On Tuesday, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif warned the Saudi-led coalition against the repercussions of their military interference in Yemen’s internal affairs, and called on the UN to do its best to pave the ground for the peaceful settlement of the current dispute in the Muslim country.
In a phone conversation with UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on Tuesday, Zarif said the crimes committed against the Yemeni people are in clear violation of international law.
The Iranian foreign minister stressed that such crimes have led to the rise of extremist and terrorist groups in Yemen, further deteriorating the humanitarian catastrophe there.
Zarif said Tehran supports the efforts by the new UN envoy to Yemen to stop the Saudi aggression and resume dialog among Yemeni parties.
“The solution to the crisis in Yemen is solely political and through forming an inclusive government with the aid of all political forces and without the interference of certain foreign countries,” he said.
“The crisis does not have a military solution and militarizing the crisis is in favor of no side” of the conflict, the top Iranian diplomat added.
The UN chief, for his part, hailed Tehran’s efforts to send humanitarian aid to the people of Yemen. He also stressed that the crisis in Yemen can only be solved through political means.
Humanitarian organizations say they face a tough challenge for delivering aid to the Yemeni people affected by the ongoing Saudi onslaught, because of a severe fuel shortage and difficulty accessing warehouses and safety issues due to the bombings.
Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 51 days now to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 3,803 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.
Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.
Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
On April 21 and May 12, Saudi Arabia declared end to Yemen airstrikes after weeks of bombings, but airstrikes are still underway.
The five-day truce was proposed by Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir last week. Yemen’s Ansarullah movement has announced its cooperation in any actions that will stop suffering in the country.
But, the Saudi airstrikes on Yemen continued on Wednesday in violation of ceasefire started on May 12.