Islamic Invitation Turkey
       28 October 2016 - Friday - 26 Mu?arram 1438 | 28/10/2016 (36) 27/10/2016 (40) 26/10/2016 (45) 25/10/2016 (46) 24/10/2016 (54) Total: 115,997 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Iran Summons Manama Envoy to Warn Bahrain against Hostile Stances

19 May 2015 10:21

Entrance of Iran’s Foreign Ministry building in Tehran.

The Iranian foreign ministry summoned Bahrain’s charge d’affaires in Tehran on Monday to protest at the Arab country’s disrespectful remarks against the Iranian leader.

Bahrain’s chargé d’affaires was summoned to the Iranian foreign ministry in the absence of the country’s ambassador after Tehran’s envoy to Manama was called to the Bahraini foreign ministry to be informed of the small island state’s protest at the recent statements of the Iranian leader.

At the meeting in Tehran, the Bahraini diplomat was informed of Iran’s strong protest at Manama’s statements and behavior, and was told that his country’s government and officials are required to revise their attitude and statements.

“Leveling accusations and projecting the blame (on others) do not help settle the problems of Bahrain, and the Manama government, rather, needs to focus attention on the actual root causes to resolve its internal problems,” an Iranian foreign ministry official stressed at the meeting.

Bahrain’s foreign ministry summoned the Iranian Chargé d’Affaires, Mohammad Reza Babaei, on Sunday to protest formally against the Saturday statements of the Iranian Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei.
At the meeting, Bahraini Foreign Ministry Undersecretary Abdullah Abdullatif Abdullah protested at the recent statements of Iranian Supreme Leader Seyed Ali Ayatollah Khamenei as “unacceptable”, and an “interference in the internal affairs of the Kingdom of Bahrain”.

The Bahraini regime has been suppressing peaceful demonstrations by anti-government protesters across Bahrain since mid-February 2011.

Violence against the defenseless people escalated after a Saudi-led conglomerate of police, security and military forces from the Persian Gulf Cooperation Council (PGCC) member states – Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Oman and Qatar – were dispatched to the tiny Persian Gulf kingdom on March 2011, to crack down on peaceful protestors for the Manama regime.

So far, hundreds of protesters have been killed, hundreds have gone missing and thousands of others have been injured by the Bahraini and Saudi soldiers. Thousands of people, including opposition party and religious leaders as well as renowned human rights activists, have been arrested while hundreds more have been sent to exile. All international human rights bodies have condemned the Al-Khalifa regime for exercising extreme violence against peaceful protests.

On Saturday, the Iranian Supreme Leader in a meeting with the country’s high-ranking officials and Muslim countries’ ambassadors had condemned the western powers for supporting terrorism in the region, and said that the US is the mastermind and main sponsor of aggression against Yemen.
Ayatollah Khamenei reiterated that the regrettable situation in Yemen sets yet another example of the falsehood of the US officials’ allegations about their so-called efforts to maintain regional security.

He referred to the Yemeni, Bahraini and Palestinian people as oppressed nations, reminding that the innocent people in Yemen are the target of daily bombs and missiles strikes now.

Scroll Up