Islamic Invitation Turkey
       22 October 2016 - Saturday - 20 Mu?arram 1438 | 22/10/2016 (35) 21/10/2016 (49) 20/10/2016 (36) 19/10/2016 (51) 18/10/2016 (38) Total: 115,712 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Half a Million Oppressed Yemenis Homeless After 2 Month Saudi Attacks

22 May 2015 17:32
Yemen: Half a Million Homeless After 2 Month Saudi Attacks

Yemen: Half a Million Homeless After 2 Month Saudi Attacks

Near 2 month Saudi Arabia intensified attacks against civilians in Yemen, an UN report said that 61 percent of Yemen’s people equal to 16 million need urgent humanitarian aid and 900 thousand children are malnourished.
Yesterday Saudi shells hit an international humanitarian aid office in Yemen killing at least five refugees in the shelter.
Local officials have said at least 10 others were injured when artillery fire struck the town of Maydee in Hajja province located in the restive Saudi-Yemen bordering region.All the refugees are thought to be Ethiopian nationals.
Despite several attempts, the ceasefire has not been fully effective in Yemen as Saudi forces continue to bomb the impoverished countries.
Fresh raids have been carried out against Houthi Revolutionary Forces in southern Yemen on Thursday. This is despite the UN efforts to broker peace talks in a bid to resolve the crisis.

Meanwhile, a cargo ship carrying relief supplies from Iran, has arrived at Djibouti.
The five-day humanitarian truce in Yemen has ended with a resumption of Saudi Arabian-led air strikes on the country.
The truce cause only limited quantities of essential supplies to be reached the millions of desperately needy people in one of the poorest countries in the world.
The United Nations said on Tuesday that 1850 people had been killed in the latest violence in Yemen, and that half a million more had been driven from their homes.
The Ismaili Shia Houthi forces with support of military forces of Yemeni Army units continue to hold the capital, Sana’a, and are consolidating their grip in and around other cities, including Aden.

Weeks of Saudi Air strike have taken a heavy toll on the city’s infrastructure: tens of thousands of buildings have been damaged or destroyed.
Saudi-led warplanes extended air strikes on Yemeni capital Sanaa on Friday, residents in the area said.
They told Reuters that the strikes focused on the presidential compound district in Sanaa and military sites in mountainous areas on the outskirts of the city.
Sanaa residents said air strikes also continued overnight on Army position who are allied with the Ansarallah Popular forces in the conflict.
There were also 10 air raids overnight in the oil-producing province of Marib, according to residents in the region.

Scroll Up