Yemeni Forces Hit Saudi Arabia’s Najran with Tens of Missiles
The Yemeni tribal forces fired tens of missiles and mortar rounds at Najran in the Southern parts of Saudi Arabia, informed sources said on Friday.
The sources said that the tribal forces have fired tens of missiles at the Southern city of Najran, adding the Yemeni tribal forces are advancing in Saudi Arabia’s territories.
The sources went on to say that the tribal fighters have also taken control of a new military base in Ein al-Hamra and al-Mobakhar and have seized large depots of ammunitions and weapons.
“The strategic mountain of Jahfan in al-khobh in the Saudi soil has been fallen into the hands of Yemeni tribal forces,” the sources confirmed.
Also, the same sources announced that Ansarullah forces have opened new battlefronts in Harad, between Math’an and al-malahiz, in Hajja province, adding that scores of Saudi forces have retreated from the combat zone.
On Thursday, Yemeni tribal forces fired rockets on border military bases in Southern Saudi Arabia, and killed at least 18 Saudi soldiers in retaliation for the ongoing Saudi airstrikes on residential areas across Yemen.
The Saudi military grid and equipment was also destroyed in the late Wednesday attack, according to the Yemeni TV channel, al-Masirah.
Several rockets targeted military positions in the border cities of Najran and Dhahran al-Janub, it said.
The latest rocket attack came hours after a Saudi soldier, identified as Hassan Someili, was killed during cross-border clashes with Yemeni tribal forces in the Saudi border region of Jazan.
Dozens of Saudi troops have been killed or injured in Yemeni forces’ retaliatory attacks.
Cross-border skirmishes between the Saudi troops and Yemeni tribes have flared up over the last six weeks, as the monarchy’s airstrikes continue and have so far claimed the lives of thousands of innocent people, particularly at border areas.
Saudi Arabia has been bombing Yemen in the last 58 days to bring its ally, fugitive president Mansour Hadi, back to power. The airstrikes have killed, at least, 3,889 Yemenis, according to FNA’s independent tally. According to a recent report by Freedom House Foundation, most of the victims of the deadly Al Saud campaign are civilians, including a large number of women and children. Thousands of residential buildings have been destroyed, and hundreds of civil and public facilities were reduced to rubble as a result of the bombardments by Saudi warplanes on the Yemeni cities and towns, the group said.