2 More zionist Saudi soldiers killed in Yemeni retaliatory attacks
Two Saudi Arabian border guards have been killed and five others wounded in retaliatory missile attacks carried out by Yemen, official reports say.
The Saudi Arabian Interior Ministry said in a statement released by the official Saudi Press Agency that the deaths occurred on Wednesday.
According to the statement by the Saudi ministry, “military missiles from Yemen” struck the Saudi guards’ position at Zahran South in the Asir border region.
The development came as Saudi airstrikes on Wednesday claimed the lives of nearly 90 people in Yemen.
In the deadliest attack on Yemen, 45 people were killed after Saudi Arabia targeted a police commando camp in the capital, Sana’a. Another 40 lost their lives after a residential area in Hajjah Province came under another Saudi attack.
Airstrikes were also carried out by Riyadh on Yemen’s Sa’ada Province.
Just days ago, a retaliatory rocket attack by Yemeni Ansarullah fighters killed one Saudi soldier in the border city of Najran.
Earlier this week, the Yemeni army, backed by Houthis, managed to destroy four tanks after storming a base in the Saudi city of Jizan.
Saudi Arabia has been carrying out deadly airstrikes in Yemen since March 26.
The Saudi military aggression against Yemen has been aimed at weakening the Houthi Ansarullah movement, which currently controls the Yemeni capital and a number of other provinces. Riyadh is also seeking to restore power to Yemen’s fugitive President Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Saudi Arabia.
The United Nations says about 2,000 people have been killed and 7,300 others injured in the conflict in Yemen over the past two months.