Yemen’s Army Warns to Launch Massive Missile Strikes on Saudi Arabia
Commander of Yemen’s army missile base near the Saudi borders warned that his country’s missiles could soon rain down on all parts of Saudi Arabia.
Colonel Abdolmajid al-Shami announced in an interview with al-Masirah news channel that his base is ready to lock down on targets all across Saudi Arabia.
“The ground-to-ground and ground-to-air missiles are ready to lock down on targets,” he said, adding the base would act only once commanded by the leadership of the popular committees.
Shami called on all Saudi citizens to stay as far as they can from all military bases, airports and governmental buildings across Saudi Arabia, warning that his country’s missile systems can hit and demolish all oil wells, airports and airbases of Saudi Arabia in just 48 hours.
Th Colonel further warned that Yemen’s missile attacks on Saudi Arabia would start soon.
The Saudi army’s artillery units fired more than 100 rockets and mortar rounds into Yemen’s border areas, killing and injuring large groups of civilians.
According to the latest reports, the Saudi military carried out artillery and rocket attacks against several border regions in Yemen on Friday, claiming the lives of dozens of people.
Elsewhere in Yemen, Saudi bombers pounded residential areas in Sana’a and killed seven people.
Also, at least 12 civilians, including 6 kids, were killed on Friday after the Saudi jets hit residential areas in the province of Hajjah.
In response a senior Ansarullah member said several high-profile Saudi commanders were killed in the Yemeni army’s massive rocket attack on the airport of the Saudi border city of Najran.
“Several senior Saudi commanders were killed and large groups of Saudi soldiers fled the battlefield after the Yemeni army’s artillery heavily bombed Najran’s airport and several Saudi cities along the border on Friday,” Majid al-Samadi told FNA.
He added that the deaths of the Saudi commanders came after the Yemeni army along with tribal fighters fired mortar rounds and 50 rockets into several military posts in border areas.
Al-Samadi also said that the Yemeni troops are making major advances in their fight against Saudi-backed terrorists in the province of Shabwah.
He further backed the absolute right of Yemeni people to defend their own country and respond to this aggression by all means, and stressed, “The steadfast people of Yemen will defeat the Saudi regime.”
The Saudi military posts in the areas of Jabal al ‘Amud, Khalaf al-Rami, al-Ain al-Harith, and al-Mustaqim were heavily targeted by Yemeni rockets and mortar rounds.
Saudi Arabia has been bombing Yemen in the last 66 days to bring its ally, fugitive president Mansour Hadi, back to power.
The airstrikes have so far claimed the lives of more than 4,132 civilians, mostly women and children.
According to a recent report by Freedom House Foundation, most of the victims of the deadly Al Saud campaign are civilians, including a large number of women and children.
Thousands of residential buildings have been destroyed, and hundreds of civil and public facilities were reduced to rubble as a result of the bombardments by Saudi warplanes on the Yemeni cities and towns, the group said.