Islamic Invitation Turkey
       23 October 2016 - Sunday - 21 Mu?arram 1438 | 23/10/2016 (43) 22/10/2016 (49) 21/10/2016 (49) 20/10/2016 (36) 19/10/2016 (51) Total: 115,769 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

35 killed in Saudi airstrikes in Yemen

15 June 2015 10:53


The death toll from the latest Saudi airstrikes on Yemen’s provinces of al-Jawf and Ta’izz has risen to 35.

According to official figures, Sunday’s attacks killed 18 people and wounded dozens more in al-Hazm, the capital of the northern province of al-Jawf.

Saudi warplanes also targeted residential areas south of the Yemeni southwestern province of Ta’izz, killing 17 people, including five women.

The deadly attacks were carried out after Yemen’s Ansarullah fighters, backed by allied armed forces, managed to cleanse al-Hazm city of al-Qaeda militants.

Reports say Yemeni forces have regained control of all military bases and governmental offices in al-Hazm.

Saudi fighter jets also bombarded the mountainous Faj Attan region in the capital, Sana’a, as well as the customs office of Harad city in the northwestern province of Hajjah.

Saudi Arabia started its military campaign against its impoverished neighbor on March 26 – without a UN mandate- in an attempt to undermine the Houthi revolutionaries and bring Riyadh’s staunch ally, fugitive former Yemeni President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, back to power.

According to Yemeni sources, the Saudi military aggression has so far left nearly 4,300 people dead. However, the World Health Organisation (WHO) says nearly 2,600 people have been killed and thousands more injured due to the conflict in Yemen since March 19.

Riyadh says its airstrikes targets the positions of Houthi Ansarullah movement while civilians make up most of the casualties.

35 killed in Saudi airstrikes in Yemen Tags

Scroll Up