Muslims’ freedom of worship at stake after Israel steps up abductions at al-Aqsa
The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) early Wednesday morning nabbed five peaceful Muslim worshipers, including three women, from the al-Aqsa Mosque and seized most of Muslims’ IDs.
Media sources at al-Aqsa Mosque said the Israeli occupation officers kidnapped three Palestinian ladies on their way out of the al-Aqsa Mosque via the Silsila Gate, along with two young West Bankers.
The Muslim sit-inners at the Mosque managed to foil the attempts of the Israeli soldiers to kidnap more Muslim women from within the place of worship.
Earlier in the day, tension flared up after a horde of Israeli fanatics, escorted by army officers, broke into the holy shrine.
For his part, Director of al-Aqsa Mosque, Sheikh Omar al-Kiswani, slammed the Israeli occupation for having stepped up desecration schemes against al-Aqsa Mosque and setting the stage for sacrilegious break-ins by fanatic settlers.
He said efforts by the Endowment Department have been underway to thwart Israeli attempts to vandalize the Mosque and crack down on the non-violent Muslim congregation.
He warned of the serious upshots of Israel’s incitement against the holy site, calling on Arabs and Muslims to react without further delay and to take a tougher line against Israeli sacrilegious schemes before it is too late.