Two more bodies recovered after flooding in Iran’s Alborz Province
Two more bodies have been recovered in the aftermath of flash floods in the north-central Iranian province of Alborz.
The victims were from the provincial village of Sijan, said Ehsan Nasiri, the managing director of Iran’s Red Crescent Society (IRCS) in Alborz Province, in an interview with IRNA on Tuesday.
There have been conflicting reports about the number of casualties caused by the flooding in Alborz. Reports put the death toll at anything between eight to eleven.
Officials had previously said that the number of fatalities could rise as rescue teams had been dispatched to the areas affected by the flooding and could be expected to recover more bodies.
Flash flooding triggered by torrential rain hit Alborz, located to the northwest of the Iranian capital, Tehran, on Sunday.