Islamic Invitation Turkey
       21 October 2016 - Friday - 19 Mu?arram 1438 | 21/10/2016 (48) 20/10/2016 (36) 19/10/2016 (51) 18/10/2016 (38) 17/10/2016 (28) Total: 115,676 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Feb 14 Coalition: Saudi Arabia Disrupting Bahrain’s Security, Not Iran

27 July 2015 13:18



TEHRAN (FNA)- Bahrain’s February 14 Revolution Coalition in a statement accused Saudi Arabia of creating insecurity in Bahrain.

“This is Al Saud, and not Iran, that is creating insecurity in Bahrain,” the Bahraini coalition said.

The Coalition Youth of February 14 Revolution said that the Saudi forces are suppressing the Bahraini nation.

The Bahraini coalition pointed to the allegations made by the Bahraini foreign and interior ministers against Iran, and said, “Iran is telling the truth and it has adopted a resolute stance by defending the oppressed nations.”

It reiterated that the allegations by the Bahraini officials show the regime’s political bankruptcy vis-à-vis the revolution of the Bahraini people which is going on relentlessly.

“Iran has shown solidarity with the oppressed nations of the world,” the statement added.

The February 14 Coalition, meantime, called for confronting the blatant interference of Saudi Arabia in Bahrain, and said, “The Bahraini government is responsible for targeted torturing of political prisoners.”

Bahrain’s interior ministry claimed on Saturday it had foiled an arms smuggling plot by two Bahrainis with ties to Iran, while its foreign ministry announced the recall of its ambassador to Tehran for consultations after what it said were repeated hostile Iranian statements.

Bahrain made the announcements on the eve of a trilateral tour of several Persian Gulf Arab states by Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif aimed at calming tensions following a historic nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers.

In response, Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Marziyeh Afkham on Sunday rejected Bahrain’s claims against Tehran as unfounded allegations, and warned the Manama government to avoid stirring tension in the region.

Afkham said the claims leveled against Iran by the Bahraini interior and foreign ministries are baseless allegations repeatedly raised against Iran, and added, “The Bahraini government clearly intends to stir tension in the region through repeating unfounded accusations.”

Yet, the spokeswoman said “such unconstructive methods would not undermine the serious will and demand of the Islamic Republic of Iran to continue its responsible and confidence-building regional policies which focus on joint regional cooperation, specially against such threats as extremism and terrorism”.

She further reminded the Manama government that leveling accusations against Iran is of no more use and efficiency, “and the Bahraini officials had better revise their methods instead of projecting the blame” on others.

Anti-government protesters have been holding peaceful demonstrations across Bahrain since mid-February 2011, calling for an end to the al-Khalifa dynasty.

Violence against the defenseless people escalated after a Saudi-led conglomerate of police, security and military forces from the Persian Gulf Cooperation Council (PGCC) member states – Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Oman and Qatar – were dispatched to the tiny Persian Gulf kingdom on March 2011, to help Manama crack down on peaceful protestors.

So far, hundreds of protesters have been killed, hundreds more have gone missing and thousands of others have been injured and arrested.

Scroll Up