1,130 israelis stormed al-Aqsa Mosque in July: NGO
A Palestinian NGO says over 1,000 Israeli settlers and officers forced their way into the al-Aqsa Mosque compound in East al-Quds (Jerusalem) during the month of July.
On Monday, the head of Wadi Hilweh Information Center, Jawad Siyam, told the state-run Turkish Anadolu Agency that 1,130 Israelis stormed the compound last month.
Hilweh said about “930 Jewish settlers and 200 Israeli” officers forced their way into the mosque compound in July.
Hilweh added that in the same month Israeli authorities issued bans for 28 Palestinians, including six women, barring them from entering the holy site for time periods ranging from 15 to 180 days.
According to the NGO’s head, Israeli forces also carried out an arrest campaign in July in the area, detaining “130 Palestinians, including six women and 55 minors.”
The group said the Tel Aviv regime demolished 11 residential and commercial structures and properties in the East al-Quds neighborhoods of Beit Hanina, Silwan, and Jab al-Mukaber.