Terrorist israel frees suspects in Palestinian toddler’s death
Israel has released all suspects held in connection with the firebombing of a Palestinian home that killed an 18-month-old baby and his father.
An Israeli official said on Monday that all the suspects arrested on Sunday were freed, but did not provide further details, including their number.
A Palestinian toddler was burnt to death in an arson attack by Israeli settlers against his house in the village of Duma in the West Bank on July 31.
The parents of the baby and his four-year-old brother were also injured in the attack. His father also succumbed to his injuries on Saturday.
Palestinian men on August 8, 2015 carry the body of Saad Dawabsha, the father of a Palestinian toddler killed last week when their home was firebombed by Israeli extremists. ©AFP
Following the attack, the Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas, vowed to take revenge for the cold-blooded crime.
“Nothing will stop these murderous settler attacks and… we cannot wait until they come into our villages and our homes,” Hossam Badran, a Hamas spokesman, wrote on his Facebook account on Saturday.
“Our people in the West Bank have only one choice: that of open and comprehensive confrontation against the occupation,” he added.
Palestinians carry the body of an eighteen-month-old toddler during his funeral in Duma village in the occupied West Bank on July 31, 2015. He had been burnt to death in an attack on his home. © AFP
The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) has also said that it holds the Israeli regime “fully responsible” for the death of the baby and will lodge a complaint with the International Criminal Court (ICC).
The arson attack has drawn harsh criticisms around the world.