Clashes Reignite in Zabadani as Truce Collapses
Clashes reignited on Saturday between Hezbollah, Syrian army on one side and terrorist militants on the other side in east of Zabadani as a cease-fire collapsed.
The clashes included artillery fire by the allied forces on militants’ position after the truce declined and the parts failed to reach a final deal on a ceasefire.
The cease-fire began at 6 a.m. Wednesday and was initially agreed to last two days, but was quickly extended to Saturday. Media reports said there were news that the truce would be extended till Sunday.
The so-called ‘Abu al-Yazid Taftanaz’, a spokesman for the terrorist militant group Ahrar al-Sham, said in a statement that “the truce collapsed after negotiations with the Iranian delegation, which aims at ending the military operations led by Hezbollah and the Syrian army in Zabadani (near Lebanon’s border), in return to ceasing rebel attacks on [the villages of] Kefraya and Foua (in the northwest Idlib province), crumbled.”
Syrian state television said a child and her father had been killed and 12 others wounded in terrorist shelling on Kefraya and Foua.