Terrorist israeli forces shoot Palestinian dead
Israeli forces have shot a Palestinian dead in the occupied West Bank after he allegedly wounded an Israeli trooper in a stabbing attack.
The 16-year-old Palestinian, identified as Ahmad Kamel Taj, was gunned down in the village of Bita south of the city of Nablus on Saturday.
Israeli forces alleged that the 16-year-old Palestinian attacked and slightly wounded an Israeli trooper with a knife.
“An assailant stabbed a Border Police officer at the Beta Junction, south of Huwara”, claimed the Israeli military, adding that the “forces on scene responded immediately, shooting and wounding the attacker.”
Abdelhalim Jaafreh, head of the Red Crescent in Nablus, announced later that the Palestinian had succumbed to injuries sustained during the Israeli attack.
“He was critically wounded by five bullets, we tried to save him but he died,” he said.
Second Israeli attack of the day
This came after Israeli forces shot and injured another Palestinian man west of Ramallah in the occupied West Bank earlier in the day.
According to the Palestinian Red Crescent Society, the Israeli troops shot the man twice in the hand and then arrested him.
The individual was identified by Israeli sources as Nasim Yusef Gomhur from the village of Beit ‘Anan in Ramallah.
Following the incident, Israeli troops cordoned off the site of the attack and prevented Palestinians from entering the area.
The Israeli army has claimed that the Palestinian was targeted after he stabbed and slightly wounded an Israeli soldier at the checkpoint.
In a similar incident last week, the Israeli troops opened fire on a group of Palestinians near Ramallah, killing a man from the nearby village of Khirbet al-Misbah.
The Palestinians had allegedly stabbed and injured a 26-year-old Israeli in the shoulder at a petrol station on Route 443, west of the city, the Israeli military said.
Recently, the Israeli settlers have also intensified their attacks against Palestinians.
Earlier in the week, six Israeli settlers attacked a Palestinian worker with steel rods in occupied East al-Quds (Jerusalem).
The Palestinian man, identified as 31-year-old Loay Bakri, was repairing a traffic light in the settlement of Pisgat Ze’ev, located in the northern part of East al-Quds, where he came under the attack by the settlers and suffered a broken hand and multiple injuries.
The development comes in the wake of the recent death of an 18-month-old Palestinian baby boy in an arson attack on his home by Israeli settlers in the West Bank.
On July 31, a large fire broke out in two Palestinian houses, including the one where the baby boy was, after settlers threw firebombs and Molotov cocktails into them in the town of Duma, located 25 kilometers (15 miles) southeast of Nablus. The Palestinian toddler, Ali Sa’ad Dawabsheh, burned to death as a result, and his father, Sa’ad, succumbed to injuries at a medical center last week.
His wife, Riham, and four-year-old son Ahmad – also injured in the same attack – remain in critical condition in the hospital.
According to the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), Israeli settlers have carried out over 11,000 attacks on Palestinians and their property since 2004.