Islamic Invitation Turkey
       24 October 2016 - Monday - 22 Mu?arram 1438 | 24/10/2016 (54) 23/10/2016 (50) 22/10/2016 (49) 21/10/2016 (49) 20/10/2016 (36) Total: 115,830 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Captured Saudi Soldier: Sudanese, Somalian Mercenaries Receive $200 Monthly Salary to Fight in Yemen

7 September 2015 19:18


A Saudi soldier who has been captured by the Yemeni revolutionary forces disclosed in a Monday interview that the Sudanese and Somalian mercenaries are fighting in Yemen on low wages.

“The Sudanese and Somalian mercenaries fight against the Yemeni forces in lieu of a meager salary of only $200 per month,” an arrested Saudi military man told FNA’s correspondent in Sana’a on Monday.

He noted that most of the foreign fighters directly take orders from Saudi military commanders in Southern Yemen.

The Saudi soldier reiterated that a majority of foreign militants fighting against the Yemeni forces are from Somalia and Sudan.

Meantime, a Yemeni revolutionary commander disclosed that a large number of foreign mercenaries participating in the Saudi-led aggression against Yemen have been apprehended in fierce clashes in Ma’arib province.

He noted that the Saudi and Emirati forces were trying to take back the regions that they had lost in Ma’arib province, but they failed to do so and sustained heavy losses.

“Those captured are from different nationalities and serve the UAE army,” the commander said.

“The Arab countries have recruited mercenary forces from different countries, including Sudan, Somalia and Nigeria after they lost a large number of their troops in clashes with the Yemeni forces,” the commander added.

Earlier today, security sources revealed that the Yemeni forces have killed a sum of 300 foreign troops in their Friday attack on al-Safer military base in Eastern Yemen.

The death toll of the UAE, Saudi and Bahraini officers and soldiers killed in Friday’s arms depot blast at a military base in al-Safer in Ma’arib province stood at 300, Yemeni security sources said.

The revolutionary forces in Yemen said they fired a rocket at a weapons cache in a camp used by “the Saudi-led aggressors” in Ma’arib area.

The Yemeni sources noted that high death toll of the foreign troops was the result of the ballistic missiles blast caused by Yemeni missile attack.

A day later on Sunday, the Yemeni army and popular forces destroyed a big arms depot of the Saudi-led forces in the province of Jizan, Southern Saudi Arabia.

The Yemeni army and Ansarullah fighters attacked the Saudi weapons cache in al-Mosfeq region in Jizan province.

Two Saudi military vehicles were set on fire in the attack and several military men were also killed.

Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 166 days now to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 5,714 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.

Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.

Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.

Scroll Up