Islamic Invitation Turkey
       25 March 2017 - Saturday - 27 Jumada al-Thani 1438 | 25/03/2017 (21) 24/03/2017 (37) 23/03/2017 (41) 22/03/2017 (40) 21/03/2017 (39) Total: 121,871 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Weapons Cargo Smuggled from zionist S. Arabia Seized in Kuwait

7 September 2015 17:44

13940213000658_PhotoI

 

Kuwaiti security forces discovered and seized a consignment of weapons smuggled from Saudi Arabia to their borders.

“Kuwait’s security forces have discovered and seized a cargo of weapons at Khafji passage at the borders with Saudi Arabia,” al-Mayadeen TV channel reported on Sunday night.

“Those who had financed and owned the cargo sought to smuggle the weapons into Kuwait,” it added.

The report came after certain Saudi and Kuwaiti media outlets affiliated to Riyadh had claimed that a weapons cargo which was seized last month in Kuwait belonged to people close to Iran.

Last month, certain Arab media outlets had claimed that Kuwaiti authorities had seized a huge arms cache smuggled from Iraq and hidden beneath houses near the border, arresting three suspected members of a militant cell that was plotting to destabilize the country.

“The three men arrested were the owners of the houses,” they said, alleging that the arrested people were linked to Iran.

The claims were immediately rejected by the Iranian officials.

Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs Hossein Amir Abdollahian rejected as “baseless” any relationship between Tehran and the detained group in Kuwait.

“The allegations raised in Kuwait against the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely baseless,” Amir Abdollahian told FNA.

“If there is a problem in Kuwait, it is no way related to Tehran,” he added.

Amir Abdollahian warned that opponents of the good relations between Iran and Kuwait are behind such “unconstructive” and detrimental moves, and said, “Tehran only thinks of security of the region and the friendly and brotherly country of Kuwait and we believe that Kuwait’s security means the security of Iran.”

He stressed that Iran expected the Kuwaiti leaders to prevent continuation of such destructive hues and cries.

Also on Sunday, Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham censured claims by Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir against Tehran.

“Instead of making such claims, Iran’s neighbors should give up those policies that facilitate the actions of the terrorist groups, trigger the wave of refugees in Syria and Iraq, and lead to the indiscriminate killing of innocent people in Yemen,” Afkham said.

Expressing Tehran’s readiness to engage in dialog and cooperate with regional countries for the settlement of the existing crises, she invited adoption of a realistic and constructive approach towards regional issues, which would help maintain peace and security for all.

On Friday, Jubeir claimed that Iran is conducting “nefarious activities” in the region.

Iranian analysts took Riyadh responsible for the recent ballyhoo in the Arab media about alleged relationship between Tehran and a group of individuals who have recently been detained by Kuwait’s judicial authorities on charges of spying.

“I think that the hues and cries against Iran were stirred under the impact of the existing tensions between Iran and Saudi Arabia,” Mohammad Saleh Sedqian told FNA on Saturday.

Also Reza Mirabian, another Iranian political analyst, underlined that the media which are affiliated or funded by Saudi Arabia have been magnifying the issue.

He reminded that there is no proof or evidence to show that the suspects bore Iranian nationality and there has been no fair court held yet to declare their identity or prove the allegations against Iran.

Scroll Up