Army Chief Commander: No Limitations, No Foreign Access to Iran’s Missile Program
Army Commander Major General Ataollah Salehi reiterated that Iran will not accept any restrictions and foreign access to its missile program.
“We don’t see any limitation for our missile systems and we will not grant access to anyone in this regard,” Salehi told FNA on the sidelines of the annual nationwide parades at the mausoleum of the Founder of the Islamic Republic, the Late Imam Khomeini, South of Tehran on Tuesday morning.
Also, asked about the Israeli officials’ threats against Iran, he said, “Israel is merely barking but we will destroy whatever equipment that others supply to it. And we promise that we will do this.”
General Salehi voiced the pleasure that when Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei issues an order for the annihilation of the Zionist regime, the army will be the first and foremost addressee of such an order.
He said while Israel is not yet in direct confrontation with Iran, it has sustained losses and received severe blows from those who are supported by Tehran, “let alone when they dare to confront Iran directly, since then they will face definite and complete annihilation”.
On September 9, Ayatollah Khamenei described Israel as a “fake” regime, and said there wouldn’t be any Israel in 25 years from now.
“Some of the Zionists have said that given the results of the nuclear negotiations (between Tehran and the world powers), they have been relieved of concerns about Iran for 25 years, but we tell them that basically, you will not see the next 25 years and with God’s grace, nothing under the name of the Zionist regime will exist in the region by then,” Ayatollah Khamenei said, addressing a large number of Iranians in Tehran.
He added that the heroic spirit and morale of Muslim fighters would not let the Zionists feel comfort and tranquility in the next 25 years.