More Saudi Forces Killed in Clashes with Yemeni Troops in Asir
Yemeni army’s snipers killed five Saudi forces in al-Rebou’a area in Asir, informed sources said.
Earlier reports said Yemen’s army and popular forces took control of several villages in Saudi Arabia’s Southwestern border region of Jizan as they continue their retaliatory attacks against the Persian Gulf kingdom.
The Yemeni forces pressed ahead with their ground offensive in the al-Khubah district in Jizan on Tuesday evening, and captured several villages.
Meanwhile, Yemeni soldiers fired a number of mortar shells at a military camp in the al-Rahwa Village in the Saudi region of Asir. No reports on possible casualties and the extent of damage were immediately available.
On Monday, Yemen’s army and popular forces conducted retaliatory attacks against the Saudi troops in Jizan region, killing at least 13 of them.
The Yemeni forces continue to gain ground in the Saudi border region of Jizan, reports said Monday, adding that they launched a ground offensive in the al-Khubah district in Jizan, killing at least 13 Saudi troops.
Saudi military officials have made no comment on the report so far.
Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 210 days now to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 6,693 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.
Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.
Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.