Terrorist ISIL claims responsibility for latest Cairo explosion
The Daesh terror group has claimed responsibility for a recent bomb explosion that wounded four people in the Egyptian capital, Cairo.
Daesh claimed the blast on Saturday less than 24 hours after it happened.
The Takfiri group posted a statement online using social media sites, saying it had set off the Cairo bomb to target “the apostate police force.”
On Friday, a bomb went off at the northern Rimaya intersection, close to several hotels and 1.5 kilometers from the Pyramids, according to a statement from the Egyptian Interior Ministry.
The bomb exploded when police were trying to defuse it, injuring two policemen and two hotel security guards.
A security official told AFP that one of the police officers was critically wounded.
In another development on Saturday, at least one police officer his life and some nine others were wounded after a bomb attack targeted a military vehicle in the town of el-Arish in the restive Sinai Peninsula.
In a separate incident there, a roadside explosion reportedly killed a police officer and wounded three others on Friday.
The blast came hours after a similar explosion injured 10 other police officers in the same area.
No one has claimed responsibility for the blasts so far, but some local media said that Daesh was most likely behind the attacks.
Last year, militants in the Sinai Peninsula pledged allegiance to Daesh, which controls large parts of Iraq and Syria.
Hundreds of Egyptian soldiers and policemen have been killed by militants loyal to Daesh mostly in North Sinai.