Islamic Invitation Turkey
       28 October 2016 - Friday - 26 Mu?arram 1438 | 27/10/2016 (40) 26/10/2016 (45) 25/10/2016 (46) 24/10/2016 (54) 23/10/2016 (50) Total: 115,961 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Yemeni Army Declares Rapid Advance in 3 Saudi Border Provinces

4 December 2015 7:16


Yemen’s army declared major win in battle against Saudi troops in the Southern parts of Saudi Arabia, saying it has made rapid and major advances in the three bordering provinces of Najran, Jizan and Asir.

Sharaf Loqman, the spokesman of the Yemeni army, told the Arabic-language al-Mayadeen news channel on Thursday that the massive operations by the country’s forces in the three Southern provinces started with rapid progress.

He said in case of an order by the top brass in the army, “we will capture the entire Najran province”.

His remarks came after reports disclosed on Wednesday that the Saudi Arabia’s warplanes were targeting the Southern parts of the kingdom with cluster bombs in a bid to stop the Yemeni army and popular forces’ continued and rapid advance deep into their territories.

Saudi Arabia has used cluster bombs many times before, but this is the first time that it is using it against its own population in a desperate move to stop the huge advances made by the Yemeni forces inside the kingdom in recent days.

The Yemeni army and popular forces have frequently crossed the border captured the Saudi military bases and outpost, ruined the military sites and returned home in the last few months and after the Riyadh-led coalition refrained from stopping its air raids on residential areas in Yemen’s cities.

But, after months of coalition intensified air raids on civilian areas, the Yemeni forces changed strategy and warned that they would start ground assaults on Saudi territories to force Riyadh stop the massacre.

The new strategy was put into effect on Sunday, when Yemen’s army and popular forces crossed the border and captured several key military bases in three provinces in Southern Saudi Arabia near the border.

The Yemeni forces seized Malhama, al-Radif and al-Mamoud military bases in Jizan, al-Rabou’a military base in Asir and Nahouqa military base in Najran provinces.

Then on Monday, the Yemeni forces took control of three more Saudi military bases in al-Shurfa region in Najran.

They also captured a military camp in Najran, and destroyed the military vehicles in there.

On Tuesday, the Saudi warplanes used banned cluster bombs against civilians in 5 airstrikes on residential areas in Yemen’s Hajjah province. Tens of people were killed and wounded in the air raids.

Earlier today, the Yemeni army spokesman Sharaf Luqman said that the army and popular forces are advancing deep inside Saudi Arabia and capturing more military bases in the Southern parts of the kingdom.

“The Yemeni forces have managed to inflict heavy losses on the Saudi enemy inside Saudi Arabia,” Luqman said.

He reiterated that the Yemeni army and the popular forces are having high morale to fight the enemy, and said, “The military operation to capture new military bases of Saudi Arabia is underway.”

Luqman said that the Saudi enemy has resorted to airstrikes which will surely fail.

Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 253 days now to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 7,116 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.

Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.

Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.

Scroll Up