Islamic Invitation Turkey
       28 October 2016 - Friday - 26 Mu?arram 1438 | 28/10/2016 (19) 27/10/2016 (40) 26/10/2016 (45) 25/10/2016 (46) 24/10/2016 (54) Total: 115,980 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Iran arrests main culprit behind 2014 attack

12 December 2015 14:49



Iran has arrested a main culprit behind last year’s killing of three security forces in the southeastern Sistan and Baluchestan Province.

Security forces launched a surprise attack on a residential building earlier identified as a hideout of armed bandits and smugglers outside the city of Zahak, provincial police chief Brigadier General Hossein Rahimi said on Saturday..

All the six individuals inside the building were arrested during the operation, according to Rahimi.

One of the main perpetrators behind the killing of the three security forces in November 2014 was among the detainees, he said.

During the operations, Iranian security guards also discovered and confiscated a consignment of weapons and ammunition from the criminal gang.

Sistan-and-Baluchestan Province has been the scene of a number of terrorist attacks in recent years.

The insecurity in the province is mainly caused by terror groups that usually cross the border into Iran from neighboring Pakistan.

On November 21, Iranian security forces disbanded a terror cell in Sistan and Baluchestan. The terrorists were planning to blow up over 150 kilograms of explosives in the form of ten bombs in the eastern Iranian border region.

Scroll Up