Islamic Invitation Turkey
       21 October 2016 - Friday - 19 Mu?arram 1438 | 21/10/2016 (16) 20/10/2016 (36) 19/10/2016 (51) 18/10/2016 (38) 17/10/2016 (28) Total: 115,644 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Inhuman zionist puppet BBC Releasing Biased Reports on Mass-Killing of Muslims in Nigeria

15 December 2015 22:23



The western media, specially the BBC, have been attempting to downplay the massacre of the Nigerian Shiites through released biased reports.

Some 1,000 unarmed civilians were killed in several army raids on the Shiite community in Nigeria’s Zaria city this weekend.

While authentic photos and footage of the massacre have been released by a number of alternative media outlets, the mainstream media in the West in trying to downplay the size and importance of the genocide.

Reuters quoted unnamed director of a local hospital as claiming that “at least 60 people were killed this weekend when the Nigerian army raided a minority Shi’ite sect and arrested its leader in the Northern city of Zaria”.

Both BBC and Reuters then relay the allegations of the Nigerian army chief that “the Islamic Movement of Nigeria was trying to assassinate the chief of army staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai, when members of the sect blocked his convoy in Zaria on Saturday. The sect was conducting an annual ritual to usher in the month of Maulud, the birth month of the Prophet Mohammed” (PBUH).

Yet, both news agencies shrug of reflecting opposite views of the IMN, and avoid asking how come no weapons were found and why no one was injured from the army, while the dead bodies of unarmed civilians piled up in city streets ending to the Shiites’ religious center.

The agency further ignored the IMN statement that explains the situation.

“At noon today (Saturday) armed soldiers were seen in the precincts of Hussainiyyah Baqiyyatullah, Zaria, where members of the Islamic Movement were to hoist flag to usher in the new month of Maulud, the birth of the Holy Prophet of Islam,” Islamic Movement Spokesman Ibrahim Usman said in a statement three days ago.

“Similar occasion was previously carried out on the same spot with free traffic flow under the supervision of the Movement’s traffic warders,” he added.

“When some brothers met the soldiers to ask for their mission, they took position and opened fire indiscriminately, killed many and took away seven of the casualties to an unknown location,” Usman said.

“Based on the foregoing, we believe that the military had pre-planned this and had acted according to their mischievous script. They came with their cameramen, videotaping the whole incidence while it lasted.”

While the army claimed that unspecified people intended to assassinate the army’s chief of staff, the community leaders rejected the claim, asking how come a thousand people have been killed on their side, but the army sustained no casualties.

“We are however surprised that, spokesman of the military Colonel Kuka Sheka shamelessly came out in the media and issued a press statement to say, that it was an assassination attempt on the Chief of Army Staff at the order of the movement’s leader.”

“Why was it that there were no casualties on the side of the military, if it were to be an assassination attempt? What happened was never a clash, but a continuation of act of terrorism by the Nigerian military on the Movement, as was the case in the past.”

“We are not surprised by this action, as there were reports spread by the same military the night before that the Shiites were to avenge their dead by hired thugs on Friday in Gabari, a village in Zaria.”

“The same military also spread rumors that the Shiites had killed soldiers, all in attempt to justify today’s (Saturday’s) dastardly act.”

“Kuka Sheka should know that once bitten twice shy. The 2014 massacre of 34 members of the Islamic Movement, including three of Sheikh Zakzaky’s children by the military; the attempt on Sheikh Zakzaky’s convoy by the same military are still in our minds.” “No government can flourish successfully with disoriented military, full of trigger-itchy personnel and security operatives trained by CIA and Mossad.”

“Until the present government fishes out this cabal in the military and brings the culprits to book, we will believe the government is condoning violence and terrorism on innocent citizens.”

Also the Associated Press claimed on Tuesday that “soldiers killed hundreds of Shiite Muslims this weekend after their group opened fire on the convoy of Nigeria’s army chief,” citing military reports.

The agency then tried to downsize the number of the dead to the astonishing “about 20”.

It also quoted Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state as saying that “Shiite leader Ibraheem Zakzaky and his wife, Zeenah Ibrahim, are in military custody”.

This is while the local sources close to the incident in Zaria region had earlier said that Sheikh Zakzaky has been severely wounded and arrested after the army raided his house and killed his son, assistants and hundreds of followers.

On its tweeter page after several hours of contradictory reports, the AP finally qouted activists as confirming that “the Nigerian military has killed one thousand Shiites and bulldozed shrine and home”.

The BBC quoted the Nigerian army as saying the Sheikh Zakzaky is alive, but it keeps silent on his conditions.

“Malam Zeenat Ibrahim is in army custody with her husband, Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky, leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN)”, it added without referring to their health conditions as pictures and footages show Sheikh Zakzaky severely wounded in the army raid and surrounded by the militaries.

Leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky

Yet, more regretably the US media, including the CNN, have totally ignored the death of 1,000 defenseless people in the same country where when 200 schoolgirls were taken by Boko Haram, all mainstream media in the world start outcries.

The Nigerian army attacked two religious centers of the country’s Shiite community on Saturday, killing hundreds of defenseless civilians there. A few hours later on Sunday, the military wounded and Sheikh Zakzaky after raiding his house and killing his son, assistants and hundreds of followers.

The Saturday and Sunday crackdown on the Shiite community by the Nigerian army that ended in the massacre of the Shiites in several raids has caused serious concerns in many countries.

After the western media’s contradictory reports on the number of people killed in the Nigerian army raids, Zakzaky’s daughter appeared on Press TV news channel, and announced that 1,000 Shiite Muslims have been massacred by the military forces.

Also, eyewitnesses said that Sheikh Mahmoud Mohammad Touri and Dr. Mostafa Saeed, the Nigerian leader’s deputy and physician, respectively, as well as Osman Ibrahim and Jemi Glima were among those killed in the raid.

Another eye witness who pleaded anonymity said that “the soldiers were armed to the teeth as they came in about three Hilux vans and armored personnel carriers”.

Yesterday’s incident is the latest in the series of the Nigerian army clampdown on IMN.

In one of such encounters in July last year, three sons of El-Zakzaky were killed by soldiers.

The IHRC issued a report at the time, blaming soldiers for what it called shooting and killing of defenseless members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria between July 25 and 26.

It said that shortly after the Friday prayers on July 25, the Shiite members  embarked on the traditional Al-Quds procession done in support of the Palestinian Cause following the same route it has followed in the last 33 years.

The report said 34 defenseless members of the group were murdered in cold blood as they marched through the streets of Zaria, in Kaduna State.

About 100 others were injured, it said citing interviews with victims, their families and witnesses.

The IHRC also obtained a video footage of soldiers firing at unarmed civilians at the end of the procession.

Besides, it said that it had proof that many of those arrested died in military custody, unable to withstand the brutality they were subjected to by the soldiers.

Last month, about 20 members of the Islamic Movement were blown up in a bomb attack during a procession from Kano to Zaria.

A suspected suicide bomber who pretended to be part of the procession set off a bomb at Dakasonye village in Garun Mallam Local Government of Kano State.

Boko Haram claimed responsibility for the attack but El-Zakzaky said his group knew those behind the attack.

“We know the names of the contractors and those contracted to commit the massacre, their identity is not hidden from us. Therefore we cannot be cowed by an imaginary Boko Haram tale, let them tell it to the fools and the ignorant. They should know that they are dealing with those with foresight, wisdom and intelligence, and above all with the real religion,” he said.

“There is nothing like a suicide bomber. They tortured and drugged unsuspecting captives and made them carriers of the explosives which they detonated amidst people.”

Nigeria is fighting a six-year-old Boko Haram insurgency that has killed some 17,000 people and forced 2.6 million to flee their homes. IMN is among the groups standing against Boko Haram terrorists.

Scroll Up