At least 10 killed in zionist Saudi airstrikes in Yemen
At least 10 people have been killed and 20 others injured as Saudi warplanes pounded a tourist area in the Yemeni capital Sana’a.
Saudi jets launched airstrikes on the Jaref area in Bilad ar-Rus district of Sana’a early Tuesday, Yemen’s al-Masira TV channel said, adding most of the injured are in critical condition.
Several residential areas and a warehouse were targeted in the the attacks which caused great damage to buildings.
Elsewhere, three women were injured in Saudi airstrikes on the Razih district in Sa’ada Province.
Meanwhile, a Yemeni military source said over 25 militants loyal to Yemen’s fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi had been killed.
The casualties came as the Yemeni army and popular committees thwarted an attempt by Hadi loyalists to advance into the al-Zaher district in al-Bayda Province, the source said.
Saudi Arabia began the military campaign against Yemen in late March 2015 to undermine the Ansarullah movement and return Hadi to power.
More than 7,500 people have been killed and over 14,000 others injured since the strikes began. The Saudi war has also taken a heavy toll on the impoverished country’s facilities and infrastructure.