One killed, three wounded in zionist airstrike on Gaza Strip
At least one Palestinian has been killed and three others have been wounded in an Israeli airstrike on the northern part of the Gaza Strip.
An Israeli warplane targeted a site allegedly belonging to Palestinian resistance movement Hamas in the town of Beit Lahia on Wednesday.
The Palestinian Health Ministry said a 31-year-old man, identified as Musa Abu Zuaiter, was killed in the attack.
Meanwhile, Israeli troops raided Beit Lahia, threatening the residents to leave the town.
In another Wednesday development, Palestinian media reported that the Israeli regime had force-fed Palestinian prisoner Muhammad al-Qiq, who had been on a hunger strike since November 24 last year.
The staff of Israel’s Afula hospital tied the inmate’s hands and feet and injected him with a serum, reports said.
Israel has long feared that hunger strikes by Palestinians in its prisons could end in death and trigger waves of protest in the occupied lands.
The Gaza Strip has been under a crippling Israeli siege since 2007. The blockade, which has cut off the territory from the outside world, has led to an economic and humanitarian crisis in the densely-populated enclave.
Israel has also waged three wars on Gaza since 2008, including a devastating 50-day aggression in 2014. The offensive began in early July 2014 and ended on August 26 with a truce that took effect after indirect negotiations in the Egyptian capital, Cairo.
Nearly 2,200 Palestinians, including 577 children, were killed in the onslaught. Over 11,100 others – including 3,374 children, 2,088 women and 410 elderly people – were also injured.