Islamic Invitation Turkey
       26 October 2016 - Wednesday - 24 Mu?arram 1438 | 26/10/2016 (45) 25/10/2016 (46) 24/10/2016 (54) 23/10/2016 (50) 22/10/2016 (49) Total: 115,921 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Report: US Blackwater to Withdraw Mercenaries from Yemen

10 February 2016 12:41



The US Blackwater company is preparing to withdraw its forces from Yemen after its recent defeats in the Arab country, media reports said.

The Blackwater security company decided on Tuesday to take out its strike forces from Al-Amri Front in Ta’iz province, the Arabic-language Bemanioun news website reported on Wednesday.

The Blackwater’s decision came after its forces sustained heavy losses in al-Amri front.

Seven Blackwater mercenaries were killed and 39 others were injured in Al-Amri front.

Meantime, the Arabic-language Sahafa24 website reported that 49 percent of the US Blackwater company belongs to the UAE’s ruling family.

The UAE government has sent five airplanes to Aden to take out the Blackwater forces.

On January 31, tens of Blackwater mercenaries, including their US commander, were killed in the Yemeni army and popular forces’ attacks on their positions in the Southwestern province of Lahij. Several Apache and Typhoon helicopters were also destroyed in the Yemeni attack.

The Yemeni forces’ Tochka missiles hit a gathering of the Saudi forces at al-Anad military base in Lahij province, killing 200 Sudanese Blackwater mercenaries and their new commander US Colonel Nicolas Petras.

Several Apache and Typhoon helicopters as well as several oil tankers were also destroyed in the Yemeni missile attack.

The Blackwater forces’ military operations room and the houses of the Blackwater forces were also destroyed in Yemen’s attack.

In a relevant development in December, a Yemeni Tochka missile hit the Saudi-led coalition’s command headquarters in Sha’ab al-Jen region near Bab al-Mandeb in Ta’iz province, and killed over 150 coalition servicemen, including 23 Saudi troops, 9 UAE officers and soldiers.

Also on January 17, the Yemeni forces’ missile attacks on a Saudi-led command center resulted in the death of over 120 mercenaries, including the Saudi, UAE and US officers.

“The Yemeni army missile unit fired a Tochka missile at the operations room of the Saudi-led forces in Ma’rib and killed over 120 mercenaries with different nationalities,” Ali al-Houthi, an Ansarullah Movement Leader, told FNA at the time.

“46 Saudi mercenaries, 11 UAE and 9 Saudi officers and 11 foreign commanders of the US Blackwater company were among those killed in the attack,” he added.

Houthi said that 6 Apache and 4 Black Hawk helicopters and 4 drones armed with missiles were also destroyed in the attack.

The command room of communications with the spying satellites and airplanes was also destroyed completely.

Al-Houthi had also said earlier that the missile had hit al-Bairaq military base which hosts the headquarters of the Saudi army’s operations.

“The Tochka missile hit the target with high precision and killed tens of the Saudi-led forces, including a senior Saudi commander, who had arrived at the base just yesterday,” he said.

Houthi added that in addition to the heavy toll, a large volume of state-of-the-art weapons and military equipment were destroyed in the attack.

He described the missile attack against the Saudi’s headquarters in Ma’rib as a major intelligence and military achievement for the Yemeni army and popular forces.

The terrorists have been pounding the two towns all throughout the last 9 months.

Scroll Up