13 Yemenis killed in zionist Saudi airstrikes in northern Yemen
At least 13 people have been killed in airstrikes carried out by Saudi jets in Yemen’s northern Jawf Province.
The Yemeni al-Masirah television said on Wednesday that the airstrikes, which targeted trucks carrying foodstuff eight times, took place in Jawf’s town of al-Matammah.
Different areas in Jawf were also attacked by Saudi airstrikes.
The news source also reported an airstrike against the town of Sirwah in the eastern Ma’rib Province. Two residential areas and a medical center also came under attack in Sirwah.
Meanwhile, Saba Net news agency, citing a Yemeni military source, said army forces backed by Popular Committees had managed to seize a warship belonging to mercenaries fighting for Saudi Arabia. The warship was reportedly seeking to enter the al-Fazeh port area off the coast of Khokha, near Hudaydah.
The region of Abas in northwestern Hajjah province also came under Saudi attack.
Yemen has been under military attacks by Saudi Arabia since late March last year. The Saudi military strikes were launched to bring the fugitive former president, Abd Rabbu Mansur Hadi, back to power.
At least 8,300 people, among them 2,236 children, have been killed and 16,015 others injured since March 2015. The strikes have also taken a heavy toll on the impoverished country’s facilities and infrastructure, destroying many hospitals, schools, and factories.