Zionist Israel Razes 2 Palestinian Homes in West Bank
Israeli troops have destroyed the homes belonging to two Palestinians accused of committing deadly anti-Israeli attacks in the occupied territories.
The Israeli military said in a statement released on Tuesday that its forces demolished the homes of Raed Khalil Masalmeh in the town of Dura and Mahmoud Harub in village of Dir Smat, both situated near the city of al-Khalil (Hebron).
The Israeli army accused the Palestinian citizens of killing five Israelis in two separate attacks in November last year, Press TV reported.
Earlier this week, the Haaretz daily also reported that Tel Aviv has increased by more than five times the rate at which it tears down Palestinian dwellings in the occupied West Bank’s biggest administrative division.
Tel Aviv is now demolishing 49 Palestinian residences in so-called Area C every week, compared to nine recorded in 2015, the report said.
Rights groups say the demolition of Palestinian homes are in line with Israel’s policy of expansion of its illegal settlements and land theft.
More than half a million Israelis live in over 230 illegal settlements built since the 1967 Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and East al-Quds. The United Nations and most countries regard the Israeli settlements as unlawful.