Yemeni Army, Popular Forces Destroy Saudi Military Positions in Ma’rib
“The Yemeni army missiles hit and destroyed the military positions of the Saudi forces in Ma’rib,” senior Ansarullah Commander Amir al-Dorraj told FNA on Wednesday.
Al-Dorraj reiterated that the Yemeni forces also destroyed the Saudi forces’ defense lines in the Northern part of Ma’rib Province.
He said that over 40 Saudi and UAE forces have been killed in the Yemen forces’ attacks on their military positions in Ma’rib province.
In a relevant development on Tuesday, the Yemeni forces continued their advances in the Western part of Yemen, killing senior pro-Hadi militia commander in tough battle and cutting the supply line of the Saudi and Emirati forces in Ma’rib.
“Over 20 pro-Hadi militias, including their senior commander Colonel Mohammad Abde, were killed in fierce clashes with the militants over the past 24 hours,” Senior Ansarullah commander Ebrahim al-Shari told FNA.
He noted that the Yemeni forces also cut the supply lines of the Saudi and the UAE forces in Ma’rib province.
“The popular forces have taken full control of villages in Northern Ma’rib province and seized several Saudi military vehicles.”
Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 334 days now to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 8,300 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.
Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.
Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
Over 3,750 schools have been closed and at least 1.2 million Yemeni people have been displaced so far; FNA reported.