Saudi airstrikes kill 2 children, 1 woman in Yemen
Saudi Arabia’s airstrikes have targeted a number of areas across Yemen including the capital, Sana’a, killing at least two children and one woman.
Yemen’s Al-Masirah TV reported on Thursday that the three were killed in Saudi airstrikes against the southern Ta’izz Province’s al-Taiziyah city.
Similar airstrikes were also carried out in different areas including Nehim city’s Beran district, the city of Zobab in Ta’izz, Marib’s Sarwah city, as well locations in the capital.
Yemeni state media reports said at least 50 Saudi mercenaries were killed and 80 others wounded in a missile attack by Yemeni forces against a military base in Marib. Three military vehicles were also destroyed.
Meanwhile, Ahmed al-Assiri, a Saudi Arabian spokesman for the airstrikes in Yemen said that although major combat operations in Yemen were coming to an end, Riyadh would continue to “work on long-term” plans in Yemen.
The spokesman added that an investigation would be launched into reports of mass killings in northern Yemen after two Saudi airstrikes hit a market on March 15. Yemeni state news agency SABA said at least 65 people were killed and 55 wounded in the attacks.
Earlier this week, Yemen’s military forces and their allies in the Houthi Ansarullah movement captured 85 militants fighting for Saudi Arabia.
Yemen has been under military attacks by Saudi Arabia since late March last year. At least 8,400 people, among them 2,236 children, have been killed so far and 16,015 others have sustained injuries.