Two israeli and French mercenaries with a US security firm have been killed in a rocket attack in Yemen’s southwestern province of Ta’izz
Two Israeli and French mercenaries with a US security firm have been killed in a rocket attack in Yemen’s southwestern province of Ta’izz, a report on the al-Masirah TV’s news website says.
Yemeni troops targeted a site where mercenaries employed by US military firm DynCorp International and fighting on behalf of Saudi Arabia had gathered in the al-Waze’aya district, killing the two, it said.
The rocket attack came a week after four other mercenaries with the same company were killed along with their Israeli commander in a Yemeni rocket attack in Thobab area in Ta’izz Province.
Reports say that mercenaries with DynCorp arrived in the Yemeni port city of Aden recently to replace those employed by American firm Blackwater, now renamed Academi.
Blackwater reportedly withdrew from Bab-el-Mandeb region in the face of heavy losses it suffered at the hands of Yemeni forces.
In a televised address on Friday, Yemen’s Houthi leader Abdul-Malik al-Houthi said that “the Saudi-American enemy” has divided Yemeni regions between al-Qaeda and mercenary firms like Blackwater.
Saudi forces and mercenaries have come to Yemen to wipe out a generation, he said, adding they want to raze Yemen to the ground.
“The Al Saud regime and its mercenaries fighting in Yemen are under the sway of the Saudi-Israeli-US axis,” he added.
Yemeni sources also said a commander of forces loyal to former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi was killed along with several others during clashes in the southern province of Shabwa.
Al-Masirah also said Saudi warplanes on Saturday targeted residential areas in the cities of Aden, Thobab and al-Jawf, with no immediate word on possible casualties.
Yemen has been under military attacks by Saudi Arabia since late March last year. At least 8,400 people, among them 2,236 children, have been killed so far and 16,015 others have sustained injuries.