Terrorists’ Huge Bomb Workshop Discovered by Iranian Intelligence Agents
“Two days before the election, meaning on February 24, and on the election day, meaning February 26, and even two days after the election, terrorist teams were identified and came under raid by the Iranian security forces and a number of them were killed and some others were arrested,” Alavi said on Sunday.
“The security forces also discovered and seized the terrorists’ huge bomb-making workshop,” he added.
Stressing the Iranian forces’ high vigilance and capability in war against terrorism, Alavi said the sound of explosions is heard in different parts of the world from the regional states to the European countries, while Iran enjoys unique security due to the supremacy and control of its intelligence forces.
In relevant remarks earlier this month, the intelligence minister announced that the country’s security forces had arrested a dangerous terrorist, adding that he was supported by certain regional countries.
“A terrorist whose mission was conducting blasts was arrested by the security forces… in the Western parts of the country,” Alavi said.
“Certain regional states are behind this ominous and failed operation,” he added.
His remarks came after Commander of Iran’s Law Enforcement Border Guards Brigadier General Qasem Rezayee announced that his forces had disbanded three terrorist groups with plots to carry out sabotage acts in the country in the past Iranian year (ended on March 19).
“Members of three terrorist groups were arrested at the country’s Eastern and Northwestern borders,” Rezayee told reporters in a press conference in Tehran in mid April.
“These terrorist groups were identified and arrested in separate operations by Iran’s dedicated border guards at the Eastern and Northwestern borders last year,” he added.
Rezayee explained that one of the disbanded terrorist groups included a Pakistani and two Iranian nationals who were carrying advanced equipment.
Also, early this month, Iranian Interior Minister Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli announced that the security and intelligence forces have foiled dozens of terrorist plots in different parts of the country last year.
“We didn’t have any security incident last (Iranian) year and tens of terrorist and outlawed incidents which were due to happen in the country on different occasions were defused due the security and law enforcement police forces’ vigilance and monitoring,” Rahmani Fazli said in Tehran.
Also, Iran’s Ground Force Commander Brigadier General Ahmad Reza Pourdastan announced that the country’s border guards killed two ISIL terrorists who planned to conduct suicide attacks in late February.
“An ISIL-affiliated group entered Iran in February and we confronted them and killed two of them who had come with suicide vests,” Pourdastan told reporters in a press conference in Tehran.
Stressing that Iran has equipped and prepared its border guards to stand and prevent terrorists’ sneaking into Iran, he said, “Certain regional states want the terrorist grouplets to extend their threats to our borders but we don’t see any threat.”
Late February, a provincial authority announced that a number of terrorists who were planning to strike the capital city following the parliamentary elections were killed after crossing Iran’s Western borders.
“The security and military forces disbanded a terror cell in the Soumar and Naft Shahr region yesterday morning,” Director of Kermanshah Governor-General Office for Security and Law Enforcement Affairs Nosratollah Moradi told reporters.
He said the terrorists were armed with bombs, suicide and explosive vests, grenades, pistols and some US dollars.
“They were planning to carry out terrorist attacks in Tehran,” Moradi added.
His remarks came after Deputy Interior Minister for Security and Law Enforcement Affairs Hossein Zolfaqari said on February 28 that security forces disbanded a terrorist cell in Western Iran.
“This morning two terrorists crossed the Western borders (in Soumar region). They were killed by border guards and security forces on the spot,” Zolfaqari told reporters in Tehran.
He said several other terror plots were also foiled before and during the February 26 elections.
Earlier this month, Saudi Arabia’s former Crown Prince Muqrin bin Abdulaziz disclosed that the Riyadh government has been arming terrorists in Iran’s Southeastern province of Sistan and Balouchestan.
“We have sent military equipment to militant groups in Sistan-Balouchestan province for the fear of Iran’s power,” Turki bin Nasser bin Abdulaziz, the kingdom’s former crown prince and head of the presidency of meteorology and environment, quoted Muqrin as saying.
He said that Saudi Arabia has sent large volume of weapons for the terrorists in Southeastern Iran on five C-130 flights to Dalbandin airport in Pakistan’s Baluchistan state .
“The separatist groups in Iran’s Ahwaz city have also been armed in similar operations through Kuwait,” Muqrin added.