Iran: US Forced to Make Concessions under N. Deal Due to Iran’s Military Power
“The US enmity is endless and still continues against the Iranian government and nation,” Seyed Abbas Araqchi said, addressing Alborz province’s administrative council in Karaj on Saturday.
He underlined that the Iran-US negotiations only focused on nuclear talks, and no other issues, including bilateral ties, were ever discussed in the two-year-long meetings.
Araqchi underscored the strong impacts of Iran’s defense and missile power on the opposite parties in the nuclear talks, and said, “Had we not enjoyed military and defensive power, we wouldn’t have been able to attain our current achievements and no country would have made concessions (to Iran).”
“We could force the enemies make concessions in the negotiations when they grew disappointed at the military option against the Islamic Republic, given its missile power,” he added.
His remarks came after Deputy Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Baqeri said earlier this month that 6 highly likely military attacks on Iran have been deterred in the last two decades due to the country’s deterrence, including its missile, power.
“After the end of the sacred defense (the Iraqi-imposed war against Iran 1980-1988), we have come under the threat of military aggression 6 times,” General Baqeri said, addressing a ceremony in Tehran last Monday.
He reminded the American officials’ admission of their plots to attack Iran in the past, and said all their war plans failed due to the opposition of “the political class (in the US), on one hand, and our missile, naval and defensive deterrence, on the other hand”.
General Baqeri warned that while the threat of military attack against Iran has faded out today, the enemies are seeking an opportunity to implement their ominous plots as soon as they find the country in a weak defensive position.