Three Gazan children burn to death in fire caused by candle
Gaza’s power crisis has led to new horrific deaths. Three children lost their lives on Friday night during a fire caused by a candle in their bedroom. The fire, which broke out in a house belonging to al-Hindi family in Gaza City, claimed the lives of Rahaf and Yusra, four-year-old sisters, and their baby brother, Naser, and caused medium to minor burns to their brothers, Muhanad and Ali, as well as their mother.
Spokesman for the civil defense apparatus Mohamed al-Maiddana told the Palestinian Information Center (PIC) that the fire spread through the house, causing considerable damage to its interior walls and furniture. Dozens of similar incidents have already happened in Gaza as a result of long hours of power outages.
The energy authority in Gaza has called several times on the Palestinian government to give a full tax exemption on the fuel supplies of the power plant, but the latter still refuses that and insists on deepening the crisis.