US-israel servant Al-Qaeda Terrorists Sustain Heavy Losses in Yemeni Army’s Counteroffensives in Ta’iz Province
“The Yemeni special forces killed a large number of Al-Qaeda terrorists as they tried to attack the army and popular forces’ military positions in Ta’iz province,” Senior Ansarullah Commander Abdel Monem al-Heithami told FNA on Friday.
The Al-Qaeda terrorists were trying to hit the Yemeni army and popular forces near Bab al-Mandeb.
On Thursday, the Yemeni sources said the country’s Ansarullah have retaken ground from Saudi-backed forces in two Central provinces, with at least 85 fighters killed on both sides over the past three days.
“The fighting has been taking place in Ma’rib and Shabwa provinces since early this week despite relative decline of hostilities across Yemen,” the sources said.
They said that in Shabwa’s region of Bihan, along with the 85 killed, about 100 fighters have been wounded on both sides.
Security sources loyal to Saudi-backed former President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi admitted that pro-Hadi forces retreated due to lack of air support from the Saudi-led coalition.
All sources spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to reporters.
The development comes as there has been mounting international pressure to bring an end to the Saudi war in Yemen, which has killed more than 9,600 people and displaced 2.8 million since March last year.