Islamic Invitation Turkey
       7 December 2016 - Wednesday - 7 Rabi al-Awwal 1438 | 07/12/2016 (44) 06/12/2016 (55) 05/12/2016 (53) 04/12/2016 (53) 03/12/2016 (50) Total: 117,580 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Those behind Saudi Arabia embassy attack on trial next month

16 June 2016 19:28

n00234973-b

 

Iranian Judiciary’s Deputy Chief and Spokesman Gholam Hossein Mohseni Ejei said those accused of involvement in a January attack on the Saudi embassy in Tehran will appear in court in mid-July.
Speaking to the Tasnim News Agency, Mohseni Ejei pointed to the latest details of the case, saying that the trial of the defendants will be held on July 18 in Tehran.

The spokesman had previously said that in this case, 48 people have been indicted, three or four of whom will appear the Special Clerical Court (SCC).

Iran’s Deputy Interior Minister for Security and Disciplinary Affairs Hossein Zolfaqari said on January 21 that the main perpetrator of the attack on the Saudi embassy had been caught outside Iran and was being interrogated after extradition to the country.

The Iranian official also said that the interior ministry, which was tasked by the president to probe into the attack, had prepared its full report on the incident.

In the early hours of January 3, angry demonstrators attacked Saudi Arabia’s embassy in Tehran in protest at Riyadh’s execution of prominent Shiite cleric Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr a day earlier.

Police arrested those identified as being involved in the attack and President Hassan Rouhani condemned the move afterwards.

However, the Saudi foreign ministry announced it was cutting diplomatic ties with the Islamic Republic following the angry protests.

Scroll Up