Islamic Invitation Turkey
       25 September 2016 - Sunday - 23 Dhul-?ijjah 1437 | 25/09/2016 (28) 24/09/2016 (41) 23/09/2016 (38) 22/09/2016 (42) 21/09/2016 (61) Total: 114,550 content        Facebook Twitter Youtube

Yemen’s Ballistic Missile Destroys Saudi-Led Forces’ Military Base in Al-Jawf Province

19 June 2016 12:08

13950330000316_PhotoI

 

A Yemeni missile strike destroyed a Saudi-led coalition base in al-Jawf province in Northeastern Yemen.

“Saudi Arabia’s Al-Hazm military base in al-Jawf region was razed down by Yemen’s ballistic missile,” Senior Ansarullah Commander Hossein al-Houthi told FNA in Sana’a.

The destroyed military base was where Saudi army’s Division 115 was stationed.

Early reports indicate large casualties on the Saudi forces in the missile attack. The Saudi army and its coalition members have lost, at least, over a hundred troops each time they have come under a ballistic missile attack by Yemen.

The Yemeni missile attacks usually come in retaliation to the Saudi-led forces’ attacks on the civilians in different parts of Yemen.

Last week, Yemeni commanders revealed that the UN move to take off the name of Saudi Arabia from the list of violators of children’s rights has emboldened Riyadh to intensify its attacks against Yemen.

“The Saudi fighter jets are still launching strikes against the innocent Yemeni people as the UN excluded the name of Saudi Arabia from the blacklist of violators of children’s rights,” Khamis Zahir al-Hamdani, a Yemeni military commander, told FNA.

Saudi Arabia has been waging a war on Yemen since late March 2015 in a bid to reinstate Mansour Hadi and undermine the Ansarullah movement, which took over state matters after Hadi resigned.

Over 9,800 Yemenis, including 4,000 women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.

Yemenis, in return, have been carrying out retaliatory attacks on the pro-Saudi forces deployed in the country as well as targets inside Saudi Arabia.

This is while UN Chief Ban Ki-Moon announced that Saudi Arabia will be removed, pending investigation, from a blacklist it was on for its role in killing children in the Yemen war, prompting blackmail speculation.

Ban has since as good as confirmed the Saudis subjected him to extortion and condemned them for going too far, while stories have circulated they blackmailed him and threatened to pull funding for a raft of humanitarian programs.

Ban complained of “unacceptable” and “undue pressure” to take the Saudis off a blacklist for killing children.

Scroll Up