Arrested terrorists in Iran confess Saudi, US support
IRGC Ground Forces commander announced the arrest of two terrorists in southeast of Iran, saying the terrorists have confessed to their crimes and how they were backed by Saudi Arabia and US in advancing their goals.
Commander of the IRGC Ground Forces Brigadier General Mohammad Pakpour said Friday the police force of Khash in Sistan and Baluchestan Province managed to arrest two members of a terror team last week, adding “one of the terrorists was killed due to severity of his injuries and the other one is currently being held at Qods Headquarters in the southeast of the country.”
“These people have confessed to wider aspects of their crimes and the supportive role of Saudi Arabia and the US in advancing the objectives of this terrorist team,” said Pakpour, adding that the details will be later released to the public.
He further referred to the plots by enemies at southeastern and western borders of Iran for infiltrating the country, adding “Saudi Arabia and the US attempt to organize and strengthen terror teams and counter-revolutionaries around Iran who have been rendered weak for years by Iranian forces.”
He also noted a number of other arrests and neutralization of several terrorist acts at the borders and inside the county in the past few days, saying “these terror teams that had been planning to target people in central cities with heavy ammunition were all busted by Intelligence Ministry’s ‘Anonymous Forces’.”
Meanwhile, Mahmoud Alavi, Iran’s Minister of Intelligence, said on Wed. that during a series of arrest operations beginning on June 14 and ending on June 20 a terror team with 10 members were smashed by security forces in Tehran and three border and central provinces in the country.