Saudi Command Misleading Its People on Yemen Losses: Mujtahid
“Unfortunately, the Apatchi was downed by Houthis, it was not crashed due to bad weather. The Apatche operates during hard conditions. They (Houthis) also destroyed three Abrams tanks,” Mujtahid tweeted.
Earlier on Monday, the Command of the Saudi-led Coalition Forces announced that two Saudi army pilots died when an Apache helicopter crashed in the Yemeni region of Marib in “bad weather.”
On his tweets, Mujtahid who is believed to be a member of or have a well-connected source in the royal family, said that the coalition forces are “avenging” from the Yemeni civilians over their losses in battlefield.
“10 civilians were killed and many others were injured in strikes allegedly targeting al-Qaeda. The operation in Jaar was under the request of the US, and definitely no one of al-Qaeda was harmed.”
The Saudi casualties are many more than announced, Mujtahid said, noting that the Houthis revolutionaries, who are also known as Ansarullah, managed to announce their names and ranks “at a time that (spokesman of the Saudi-led coalition, General Ahmed) Assiri doesn’t know the number of the Houthi casualties.”
Meanwhile, Mujtahid said that the Saudis are trying to find a way to end the war in Yemen, disclosing that there are underway effort to do so.
“(Defense Minister Mohammad) Bin Salman realizes that the continuation of the military battle is not in his interest. He is desperately trying to hold an agreement with the Houthis and the Iranians,” the Saudi whistle-blower said, noting that such agreement would be mediated by the United Arab Emirates and Oman.
“Our sources in the battlefield say that the Houthis are fully prepared for the confrontation while our forces are in a state of chaos.”
“We would not have said so if the king and his defense minister were indulged in defending the their country, but we have to expose this treacherous command which is hanging around between Tangier and Paris.”