Washington leave Riyadh alone in the midst of war says Iranian Official
“Saudi Arabia has taken certain measures (against Iran) in Pakistan and adjacent to Sistan and Balouchestan (province in Southeastern Iran) and in Northern Iraq and these recent moves are the result of its full failure in regional projects and it now wants to test a new move, but all of its plots have been foiled so far,” Rezayee, also a former top commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), said on Wednesday.
Downplaying the US capability to make any aggression against Iran, he said, “Saudi Arabia has pinned hope on US support, but we have found a formula (to defuse its plots) and will do something so that the US would leave it alone in the battlefield and will create a disastrous situation for it to remember forever.”
He said the Saudis intend to spark war in the Persian Gulf, but would feel deep regret if they do so.
In relevant remarks earlier this month, Commander of the IRGC Navy Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi downplayed Riyadh’s capability to threaten Iran militarily, and said Tehran is able to strike heavy blows at Saudi Arabia if necessary.
“If needed, we can inflict irreparable damage at the Saudis,” Fadavi said, addressing a forum in Tehran.
Noting that despite Saudi Arabia’s possession of giant vessels, none of them passes through the Strait of Hormuz in the Persian Gulf which is under Iran’s control, he said sometimes some of them which seek to sail towards the Red Sea are compelled to pass through the Strait of Hormuz, “but they don’t have any patrolling mission”.
“Not only Saudi Arabia, but also none of the Persian Gulf littoral states enjoys the capability to threaten and launch attack on the Islamic Republic,” Fadavi added.
He, meantime, underlined that despite certain analyses, the US and not Saudi Arabia is the main enemy of Iran, adding that the Saudis also take order from Washington.